Garden maintenance tips
Garden provides a sense of calmness and peace of mind. Also, it is the perfect way to return to nature without the need to go outside your home. Therefore, garden requires proper care to maintain its beauty. With the proper tips and tools, gardening is a pleasurable task with satisfying result.
- Watering and feeding are two of the most essential things that plant needs. Proper water and sunlight will produce beautiful flowers and shrubs.
- Keep grass strong and healthy with proper applications of fertilizer, fall and spring. This will insure resilience to traffic and drought, and keep the lawn a healthier green.
- Be environment friendly, use organic fertilizer. Try using leaves which is a good source of organic material. Likewise, the use of leaves can save you money from buying commercially sold fertilizer.
- Treat weeds and pests immediately; don’t wait for the problem to get out of hand.
- Use the right garden tools to lighten the work load. Shovel, rake, pruner, hand spades, lawnmower, wheelbarrow, weed trimmer and saw are the basic tools you need for easy garden maintenance.
- Learn the proper pruning techniques to enhance the beauty of your home garden.
- Don't trim trees in the budding season (late March or early April) because it adds additional trauma to the tree.